- Preheat oven to 220C’
- In a clean bowl whisk together the 4 eggs with the sugar until they turn very light yellow double in size and the sugar is pretty much dissolved
- While still whisking slowly add the oil and then the milk and yogurt
- Sift in the flour, baking soda and bicarb, and add the vanilla.
- Grease either a loaf tin or a circular bundt cake tin and pour 2/4 of the cake batter into it
- Add the 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder to the remaining batter and whisk in until fully incorporated.
- Using a fork swivel in the cocoa batter into the tin. I tend to do figure of eights and just play around with it creating that lovely marble effect
- Put in the oven at 220C for 10 minutes, then turn the oven down to 200 and bake for a further 45 minutes. Test with a wooden skewer and if it comes out clean the cake is ready.
- Leave to cook in the tin before you take it out. You may need to run a knife around the edge to loosen it up.
As you can see I didn't get the best marbeling effect with this one, but it was very yummy!